Shopify is a cloud-based host that is great for creating an online store, while Zyro is an affordable website builder.
This makes them both great for those who want to use it for e-commerce, however, which one is better: Zyro or Shopify?
While both can be used by both large and small businesses, they do have major differences that you will need to understand. Zyro has a lower price point, while Shopify is on the pricier end.
This is due to Shopify’s powerful interface that is both intuitive and experienced – the company has been around for over ten years.
On the other hand, Zyro might be less than five years old, but it doesn’t charge transaction fees, and is great for beginners who are getting into e-commerce.
Even so, Zyro does not have the option for integration and extra functions, which may put some users off.
However, just because Shopify has a stronger platform does not mean it can give you the best results. So, with all this in mind, let’s take a look at which one is better when it comes to Zyro and Shopify.
Which One is Better: Zyro or Shopify?
If you are in a rush, here is what you need to know about Zyro and Shopify at a glance:
- Zyro – Zyro offers a website builder plan from $11.99 a month. This includes unlimited bandwidth and storage. A free domain for a year, and the option to connect your own domain. Free email for 3 months. They also offer a ‘business’ plan from $14.99 a month which includes e-commerce abilities. 20 plus payment methods. Can sell up to 500 products. There is also the option for designer templates and AI to build a brand.
- Shopify – Shopify offers four plans. Basic is $29 a month (2.9% and 30¢ per transaction), Shopify is $79 a month (2.6% and 30¢ per transaction), and Advanced is $299 a month (2.4% and 30¢ per transaction). The Shopify Plus plan is over $2,000 a month, and is considered to be an enterprise plan for high volume companies. All plans include inventory tracking, staff management, promotion tools, etc.
UI And Features
- Zyro – Easy to use. Offers a drag and drop builder. Over 100 templates.
- Shopify – Easy to use. Offers a drag and drop builder. More than 170 themes.
Integration, Add-Ons and Plug-Ins
- Zyro – Limited amount of integrations
- Shopify – Over 5,000 available integrations
- Zyro – Zyro offers 24/7 live chat customer support on both of its plans. As well as email.
- Shopify – Shopify offers 24/7 support through a live chat system on every single plan. Also phone, forum and email.
- Zyro – small to medium size businesses. First timer sellers. Users with lower profits.
- Shopify – small, medium and large businesses. First time to experienced sellers. Businesses who want to scale up.
Pros And Cons Of Zyro Vs Shopify
Here are a few pros and cons of using both Zyro and Shopify:
- Affordable – every plan is inexpensive. Great for first time users.
- User friendly – Zyro is great for beginners and those who have been building e-commerce stores for years. Unlike Shopify, it is much easier to navigate as a first timer.
- Money Back Guarantee – offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
- Easy to use – drag and drop system that allows websites and online stores to be built quickly.
- Payment methods – has 20 plus different payment methods for customers.
- 24/7 support – there are various ways to reach out for support.
- Built-in Google Analytics – see how well your store is doing using a third party tool.
Money Back Guarantee
Easy to use
Built-in Google Analytics
Limited integration and UI features
Limited user allowance
No abandoned cart recovery
- Limited integration and UI features – this may limit those who want to scale up their store.
- Limited user allowance – only one staff member allowed control.
- No abandoned cart recovery – there is no way of contacting customers who abandon their shopping cart instead of completing a sale.
Zyro Is Used Best By
Those who are looking to open an online store with no dreams of being a large business. It is basic e-commerce and web building software that does exactly what it says.
- Advanced features – includes social media promotion, inventory locations, abandoned cart recovery, gift cards, discount codes, and so much more.
- Free Trial – offers 3 days for free to test out the platform. You can get three months for a dollar each on the two basic packages.
- Includes Point of Sale – has the ability for integration with in-person sales.
- 24/7 support – there are various ways to reach out for support.
- Scale up opportunities – you have the chance to grow the business to a massive scale if you are looking to become an e-commerce giant.
Includes Point of Sale
Scale up opportunities
- Expensive – plans and advanced features may turn out to be costly over time. However, if you plan to scale up the business then you should expect business costs to go up too.
- Transaction fees – Shopify has transaction fees, whereas Zyro does not.
Shopify Is Used Best By
Those who are looking to scale up their e-commerce store. It has advanced features that Zyro does not, which will give you more control over the future of the online store.
When it comes down to it, it actually depends on what you want to use the platform for. Zyro is an affordable option for those who want to open a steady online store.
Shopify on the other hand is better for those who are looking to expand their e-commerce over time, with a focus on massively scaling up.
If this is what you are looking to do quickly, then Shopify will always win, hands down. Having said that, cost may be a factor for some. Even so, if you need the expansive functions and integration, then Shopify is a must.
Otherwise Zyro will be fine for a general e-commerce store.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Zyro and Shopify, and How Do They Compare as E-commerce Platforms?
Zyro and Shopify are both e-commerce platforms that enable users to create and manage online stores. Shopify is a well-established and widely used platform, while Zyro is a newer platform that aims to offer user-friendly website building and e-commerce features.
Which Platform Is Better for Beginners and Users With Little Technical Experience: Zyro or Shopify?
Zyro is designed to be user-friendly and straightforward, making it suitable for beginners and users with limited technical experience. Shopify, while beginner-friendly, may have a steeper learning curve for some users due to its more extensive features and customization options.
Can Zyro and Shopify Handle Different Sizes of E-commerce Stores and Product Catalogs?
Both platforms can handle stores of various sizes, but Shopify is often chosen by larger and more established businesses due to its scalability and advanced e-commerce features. Zyro may be a better fit for smaller stores or those starting out.
Are There Significant Differences in Available Features Between Zyro and Shopify?
Yes, there are differences in features between the two platforms. Shopify offers a wide range of built-in e-commerce features and an extensive app store for additional functionality. Zyro provides essential e-commerce tools, but its feature set may be more limited compared to Shopify.
Can Both Zyro and Shopify Handle Payment Processing and Shipping Integration?
Yes, both Zyro and Shopify offer payment processing and shipping integration options. They support various payment gateways and shipping carriers to streamline the checkout and shipping processes for customers.
Paul Martinez is the founder of EcomSidekick.com. He is an expert in the areas of finance, real estate, eCommerce, traffic and conversion.
Join him on EcomSidekick.com to learn how to improve your financial life and excel in these areas. Before starting this media site, Paul built from scratch and managed two multi-million dollar companies. One in the real estate sector and one in the eCommerce sector.