What is the best way to get started with email marketing? Should I start with a free account, or should I go for a paid service? What are the pros and cons of each option?
Email marketing has become a vital part of our lives. The average person sends over 100 emails per day. This means that businesses need to stay connected with their customers through email.
There are two main options for setting up an email campaign. One is to create a free account at a third party provider such as MailChimp.
The other option is to sign up for a paid service. Both options offer similar features. However, there are some differences between them.
Why Do I Need A Business Email Address?
A business email address is essential if you want to send out mass amounts of emails on your own behalf. It’s also important for companies who use email marketing software like Constant Contact.
If you don’t have a business email address, it will be difficult for people to contact you. The most common format for a business email address is usually ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
How To Make A Business Email Address
If you do not already have one, you can make a business email address using Gmail. You can then forward this to any domain name that you wish to use. For example:
You can also set up forwarding rules so that all incoming mail goes into a folder called “Inbox”.
You can also use a web host to create a website. Many web hosts include email services in their packages.
Should I Use A Free Or Paid Service?
There are many benefits to using a paid service. These include:
- Unlimited Emails – Most providers allow unlimited emails to be sent. There are no limits on how many emails you can send.
- Customizable Templates – Some providers allow you to customize templates. They may even give you access to design tools to help you create your own.
- Bulk Sends – With many providers you can bulk send emails from one place. This saves time and money.
- Customer Support – Providers usually provide customer support via phone or chat.
- Features – Some providers offer additional features such as autoresponders, analytics, etc.
However, there are also advantages to using a free service. These include: • No Limits – Unlike paid services, most free accounts only allow you to send up to 10,000 emails per month.
- Easier Setup – Setting up a free account is generally easier than creating a paid account.
- More Control – You can control what happens when someone clicks on links within your emails.
- Less Expensive – Free plans often come with fewer features.
Which Is Better: Free Or Paid Services?
It really depends on your needs. If you just want to test out email marketing, a free plan might be enough. But if you want more advanced features, you will probably need a paid plan.
The bottom line is that both types of services have their strengths and weaknesses. So, which is better? That depends on what you need.
Paying for a business email address is the best way to ensure that you get the service you need. But if you don’t want to pay, you should still be able to find a free service that meets your needs.
Free services for businesses include :
- Google Apps for Work
- Microsoft Office 365
- Yahoo! Mail
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Business Email?
Having a business email address gives you several benefits. Here are some examples:
- Your company name appears at the top of the recipient list.
- People know where to reach you.
- It makes it easy to identify yourself.
- You can easily manage multiple email addresses.
- You can receive notifications about new messages.
- You can reply directly from the inbox without having to go through an auto-responder.
- You can filter spam.
- You can track opens and clicks.
How To Create An Email Address For My Business
If you want to start using email marketing, you first need to create an email address for your business.
To create an email address for a business, follow these steps:
- Go to Gmail.com.
- Click “Create an Account.”
- Enter your full name and click next.
- Choose whether you want a personal or business email address.
- Select the type of account you want (personal or business).
- Select the country in which you live.
- Click continue.
- Type in your password.
- Click sign in.
- On the left side of the page, select “My labels & filters.”
- In the search box, enter “business.”
- Click “Add label.”
- Name the label “Business.”
- Click “Done.”
- Click “Create filter.”
- In the search box type “business.“
- Click “Add filter.”
- Name the filter “Business.“
How To Get Started With Your Own Email Marketing Campaign
If you want to set up your own email marketing campaign, you can do so using any web-based program.
You can either choose to pay for a service, or opt for a free one. There are many free services available, but they may not provide all the same features as a paid service.
If you decide to go with a free service, you can try something like Mailchimp. They offer a free plan which allows you to send 10,000 emails per month. But if you want more than this, then you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Another popular choice is Constant Contact. Their plans start from $25 per month. You can customize your campaigns in a variety of ways.
For example, you can segment your list into different groups depending on what type of content they receive.
There are plenty of options when choosing between free and paid business email accounts. If you’re looking for a simple solution, then you might consider signing up for a free email service such as Gmail.
However, if you want more control over how you use your email, then you should look into paying for a premium service.
Paul Martinez is the founder of EcomSidekick.com. He is an expert in the areas of finance, real estate, eCommerce, traffic and conversion.
Join him on EcomSidekick.com to learn how to improve your financial life and excel in these areas. Before starting this media site, Paul built from scratch and managed two multi-million dollar companies. One in the real estate sector and one in the eCommerce sector.