How to Unpledged on the Patreon Platform
Table of Contents
This article will cover how you can unpledged on the Patreon platform is simple and guided steps. In this sense, let’s learn what existing subscription models users can subscribe to stay up to date with the work of their favorite artists and, Patreon how to unpledged these members.
What Is Patreon?
Patreon was born in 2013 with the idea of artist Jack Conte and his colleague Sam Yam. The platform enables content creators to be self-funded through its community of subscribers and with different subscription models by its subscribing members.
Currently, the platform has more than 200,000 artists and creators worldwide. With Patreon, artists can earn money and establish a bond with their subscribing members. Subscribers receive exclusive content from their favorite creators and much more firsthand.
Related content: Crucial Statistics on Small Businesses
On the platform, members can promote their favorite artist’s work in writing, music, games, podcasts, photography, and more for free. You only need to register on Patreon and be a supporter or creator if you want to work with your art.
However, the content creator will need to pay a percentage of their earnings to the platform, depending on the plan chosen, as each project has different features.
Charging by subscription date
In this mode, patrons pay when they subscribe and monthly renew on the same date. It works like this: if you subscribe on the last day of the month, you have to pay again on the previous day of the following month.
Monthly (In Advance) Billing
In this model, subscribers pay advance to access the content creator’s page. After the first charge, subscribers pay on the first day of each month. This also applies to previously published content on Patreon.
The monthly model requires no payment to sign up or unlock access. Subscribers pay on the first day of every month for admission in the previous month.
Per Creation Billing
In this billing method, patrons pay an amount for each paid post the creator makes after they are registered. Subscribers set a monthly number of posts they pay for but can access every paid position that exceeds their limit.
This subscription is as follows: patrons pay an up-front fee to gain access to the content that the creator will make throughout that year. And it will automatically renew after that year of use.
It is a matter of canceling Patreon in your web browser located on your computer. There are two possible methods to use. Let’s look at each of them in detail below:
Method 1: Cancel Patreon Pledge From Browser
- Log into your Patreon account;
- Open the drop-down menu on the top right and click on “Manage Pledges”;
- On the “Pledges you are stopping activating” tab. Tap “Edit;
- Click on the “Edit or Cancel Payment” option;
- Tap “Cancel your Payment” when a small window appears.
Method 2: Cancel Patreon From Browser
- You must log in to your Patreon account;
- On the “My Profile Settings” page, click “My User Settings”;
- You will need to deactivate your Google and Facebook accounts if they are linked to your Patreon profile;
- Scroll down the page until you find the “Deactivate Account” button. Click on the Option;
- Finally, enter your Patreon account password and confirm the option.
Cancel the Patreon Pledge in iOS Applications
- You must open Patreon in your app and log in;
- Search for the pledge you wish to cancel;
- Tap the three little dots in the top corner;
- Click on the “Edit Pledge” option;
- Scroll down the page until you reach the “Edit or cancel payment” button, then click.
- Select the “Cancel your payment” option and confirm.
Cancel Patreon Pledge on Android
- You need to open the Patreon app and log in;
- Find the pledge you want to cancel in the search bar;
- Tap the three little dots that are located in the top right corner;
- Tap the “Edit Pledge” option;
- Scroll down the page until you find the “edit or cancel payment” button and click;
- Confirm your choice by tapping the “Cancel your payment” option.
Learn How To Unpledged Patreon Over the Phone
- You should call 714 – 815 – 5524 to establish communication with Patreon’s customer service;
- Ask the operator to perform the unpledged of your account;
- Follow the recommended instructions;
- Ask the agent to send you a confirmation via email.
Finally, these guidelines are for you to follow to get your subscription unpledged on Patreon. Explanatory and straightforward methods so that you can find the solution you are looking for. This article has helped you to clarify your doubts.
In case you need more specific guidance, we recommend you send an email to Patreon’s customer service, so they can answer your questions.
Related resources: Ecommerce Resources for Small Businesses
Paul Martinez is the founder of EcomSidekick.com. He is an expert in the areas of finance, real estate, eCommerce, traffic and conversion.
Join him on EcomSidekick.com to learn how to improve your financial life and excel in these areas. Before starting this media site, Paul built from scratch and managed two multi-million dollar companies. One in the real estate sector and one in the eCommerce sector.